Variability is one of the more challenging concepts in your course. Let's get a feel for it before we jump into the math.
Variability Explained Without Math
- Why Measure Variability?
- The Range
- Deviations From The Mean
- The Variance (to the rescue!)
- The Standard Deviation
- Example | Deviations From The Mean
- Example | Variance
- Example | Standard Deviation (plus checking your answers)
- Sum of Squares | Computational vs Definitional Formulas
- Sample Variance and Sample Standard Deviation
- Using the Standard Deviation to Visualize a Distribution
- What is a Biased Estimator?
- How Changing the Data Affects a Standard Deviation